https://microconf.com/ ran an event in London at the stylish Convene in 22 Bishopsgate.
- Talk to customers first!
- Look after customers
- Be customer driven
- Communicate - companies that email the best / most.. win.
- Talk about the company, not just the founder
Get good at describing what you do.
Be a student of business ie read books!
- Put our customers at the heart of everything
- Be bold and move fast
- Work with respect
- Build trust with transparency
- Challenge ourselves to grow
https://www.youtube.com/c/MicroConf/search?query=brennan He has been speaking on email marketing since 2013
Talking about how to run automated email for signups. Making it more personalised by sementing.
Run surveys (research flywheel) eg on reform.
VOC - Voice of Customer Language.
Make emails actionalbe
Use Urgency eg Discount, Extended trial, limited time etc
Segment non buyers eg why didn’t buy
eg spreadsheeto added 10% by emailling after deadline and asking why.. being super nice.
- Create system that uncover segmentation opportunities + Voice of Customer language. Uncover segments from a survey into a spreadsheet. and figure out what language they use.
- Find out Who’s and Why’s of audience
- Delivery bespoke experience that react to segmentation eg in emails if/else for market segment. Personalise onboarding.
- Dial in on someones specific project and pitch your product as best way to solve their problem. Thier offer not your offer.
- Uncover sales objections that you can use to re-pitch. Overcome objections.
Identifying your best growth opportunities
Customer Journey - ask to interview 10 customers per month!. Record interview. This will get 2-3x faster growth!
Choosing project management software eg Asana, Trello, Basecamp, Monday. Asana won as they emailled back the most.
- What was number 1 thing accomplish hoping to use this solution?
- What was going on before
- What now
- Why didn’t work before
- How did you go about finding our solution
ACV - Annual Contract Value CLV - Customer lifetime value ARPA - Average Revenue per Account, divided by Churn
To increase ACV :
- raise prices and learn how to communicate why well eg great email. Review every 6-12 months.
- decrease churn
Talk to customers - what are their problems? What could save them time that could be automated?
Start Small Stay Small by Rob Walling, 2010
Obviously Awesome by April Dunford, 2019. 759 reviews.
By what I noticed people using, and sponsors:
https://www.typeform.com/ Forms and Surveys. Rob Walling uses this.
https://www.drip.com/ Email marketing (Rob’s old company)
https://www.hey.com/ Email Service Provider (ESP)
Tools by people I met
https://wiki.dendron.so/ VSCode note taking plugin. By Kevin Lin.
https://getforest.io/ tabs in tree structure from Chromium
Slack (discount discord!)
YouTube - this is where the great Jason Cohen video is.
Dressing well is important.
Practising talking about what we do.
Listen to peoples problems!
Be student of business
Review of my previous articles
I’ve been writing about entrepreneurship for a few years, and have had a few pushes. which have lead to higher prices, value based pricing (ie nor hourly), and better communication.