After 4 months on exploring Docker and Kubernetes heavily here is a summary of what I’ve found. I use Docker daily to generate this blog, and we use Kubernetes in production to run a legacy Wordpress site.
- Jekyll locally so don’t install dependencies
- Explore an application locally to understand it
- eg Wordpress running under Apache/Nginx/Memcached/PHP5.6/PHP7.2/MySql
- Azure hosting of Wordpress
- Azure Container Instances
- Azure Kubernetes Service Wordpress
If you’re going into production, Kubernetes and a Scheduler is where you need to be